Membership Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information you need to know about your National Gallery Membership, including complimentary tickets, member benefits, discounts and renewals.
- Complimentary exhibition ticket applies to first time members only, one ticket per membership.
- Membership benefits and discounts are only available upon the presentation of a valid membership card or another official form of identification.
- Membership cards and their benefits are non transferable.
- National Gallery of Australia Membership is non refundable.
- The primary membership cardholder(s) is / are responsible for ensuring the details of their National Gallery of Australia Membership are correct at all times.
- The additional Member of a Joint Membership can only be transferred / changed at the time of renewal.
- The National Gallery of Australia may terminate a Membership if a Member fails to comply with these terms and conditions or misuse Membership privileges.
- A National Gallery of Australia Membership will be considered ‘lapsed’ if not renewed by the due date.
- The expiry date of an annual Membership cannot be suspended or extended past the expiry date stipulated on the Membership.
- Auto-renewal of membership is not available for Student memberships or memberships that include Young Adult Members.
- The National Gallery of Australia reserves the right to change these terms and conditions or Membership benefits where necessary at any time without prior notice.
The Summer 2022 issue of Artonview featuring Lindy Lee on the cover was the final edition of the magazine. The new members publication The Annual will be launched in December 2022.
This is part of a new approach to how we share art, ideas and stories with our members. Our new approach is environmentally conscious, a hybrid of print and digital. The new annual publication will be comprehensive and a beautiful keepsake.
We have seen incredible growth and engagement on our digital platforms. We will continue to use these platforms for what they do best – deliver information about our exhibitions, events and programs to you in a timely manner – freeing up our members printed publication to become a repository for new and engaging content about art and ideas.
With the National Gallery’s move from a quarterly magazine to a singular yearly keepsake your member benefits will only increase. More stories, events and ideas will be delivered on time through dedicated emails and The Annual will become a place to have a dialogue about the ideas and issues of our time.
The shift to one publication a year allows the Gallery to better align with our strategic priority of achieving a more sustainable environmental footprint. The Annual will be printed in Australia on eco-friendly paper. Members will be able to choose between having it posted to them or collecting it from the Members Lounge when they visit.
The first issue of The Annual will be published in December 2022 to coincide with the National Gallery’s 40th anniversary.
If you are a Gallery Member and you are not receiving emails from the Gallery please contact the Membership Office via phone or email email@example.com and we will update your details.
If you do not have an email address, please telephone the Membership Office +61 2 6240 6528 and our team will talk to you about the material that can be mailed out.